Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Settlers of Catan Game at McDonald's?

If the world was a just and true place, this game would be real at a fast food restaurant near you. McDonald's, listen up, you need to dump that shabby game of yours. You know the one. The one where no one ever wins anything but a hashbrown, small coffee, or small french fries. After years of boredom and disappointment, I'd be happy if I never found another orange St. James Place sticker under the seats in my car.

Let's try this instead. Screw it if most people are too confused--that's just separating the wheat from the chaff. Let's start awarding prizes to people who actually like board games or know board games. And those of us who do, vote that Settlers would, indeed, be an excellent choice. Although...knowing my luck though, I'd just end up with a game sheet full of soldiers.



What other games are ripe for a McDonald's promotion? I'm thinking the Puerto Rico board game might be decent--not only do you have to collect that indigo and coffee, but you have to have colonists for them to count. Bohnanza's another prime candidate--just imagine having to buy a third bean field in order to win upper level prizes. Eh? Eh?

Anyway, I'd like to thank not only CollegeHumor.com for making this beauty of a dream video, but also BWE for bringing it to my attention today. It made a morning of parent-teacher conferences much more enjoyable. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I would choose Agricola, it might just be a little depressing handing out begging tokens to 99% of the public because they don't understand the rules.

    ReplyDelete