Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lotus Dice Bags, Ahoy!

Here is one really peachy keen find from last week: The lotus dice bag. Now, if you know me, you know that I have way too many dice and dice bags. In fact, I have a Dice Goblin bag (pictured at right--isn't it cute?) that hasn't found a proper use yet. Sad. So there's no way in hell I needed more dice or more dice bags/boxes/jars/buckets. But, alas, I bought a new one anyway. This one's different though--I swear!

These lotus dice bags are the bomb-diggity because they close like a normal pouch, but when they open up, they act more like an open dice box. Their opened flat-bottom design allows you to view all of your dice easily. Below is a hey-I-took-a-crappy-picture-after-midnight-because-I-was-punch-drunk-on-coffee-and-didn't-realize-how-bad-the-lighting-was-in-the-convention-hall image of my brand new dragon brocade lotus bag.


I bought the medium size, which, according to the manufacturer (Games by Gamers), should hold about 100 regular dice. Plenty for any D&D excursion. Not that I play D&D much anymore. But if I did!.....

Well, anyway, I paid just $9.00 for this adorable handmade bag. (They were hand-sewing new ones on-site last week to keep up with demand!) Now, even though I have a recognized illness for buying excessive amounts of dice and dice bags, I am daring to admit that I think I might still need to order their MEGA size. It holds 2-3 lbs. of regular dice. Man, I have no idea when on earth I'd ever need to carry 2-3 lbs. of dice around, but what I find really need about the jumbo size, is that it's large enough to function like a cloth dice tray (when mostly empty). Trust me, I've lugged around my wooden dice tray to more than a few gaming events, and the damn thing is clunky and chunky! This pouch is perfect for those of us who love dice-rolling implements, but don't want to lug around something ginormous. If you haven't checked out these dice bags yet, I suggest you go do it. Right now. Okay, maybe wait until you've read a few more posts here. But then, go.

2 comments:

  1. you keep informing me of things i never knew existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! And yes, these are still pretty small-time. I'm so glad they had a booth at Origins. Everyone I know who saw them ended up buying one.

    ReplyDelete