Monday, April 2, 2012

'Sup, Gameland?

Life has a terrible way of interrupting your gaming hobby sometimes, doesn't it? Well, no worries. Board gaming is a patient hobby that waits for you no matter what distractions life cooks up. So I'm really excited to be carving out some very special gaming time coming up in the near future. In celebration, here is a list of a few game-related things that have me mega-hyped up right now, enough so that I'm doing "The Carlton" right here in my living room.



1. Origins, baby, Origins. May is almost here (right?), which means its time for what is (in my humble opinion) the best damn game convention in the nation. I'm very psyched for another crazy week of gaming marathons, Vietnamese takeout food, chilly echoey halls with folding chairs, and nerds galore.

2. Pinterest! I'm currently working on integrating Pinterest in with this blog to give it a new facelift. Stay tuned.

3. Alien Frontiers expansion. The kickstarter wrapped last fall, so we're bound to get a copy in the mail any time. Right?

4. The Great Magic Card Box Project. I am in the middle of crafting a custom storage box for The Greatest Husband in the World. Undoubtedly I will be documenting this, as it is almost too ridiculous to believe. Plus the hubby has been trying to distract me away from the enchanting world of board games with the demonic-laced evil that is the world of Magic cards. (I never draw the right mix of lands, damnit).

So lots of good things going on in gameland right now. Lots to look forward to, and somehow the warm weather only makes me more excited for game time.



3 comments:

  1. 'sup Katie! The plastic bits are holding up the new Alien Frontiers expansion. I think it's been pushed back.

    I am glad you are back to writing, I miss you comical reviews of board games and the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kearn,

    Thanks for the update! Glad I'm back to writing as well. Grad school has severely hampered by board game hobby, and I intend to write a scathing letter detailing such inconveniences to the Provost's office. The nerve! With spring coming and classes wrapping up though, you can bet that I'll have lots more to say about games in the coming months (and years, I hope)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the operating motto "Prestige equals - is the first factor" nhà cái fb88 deserves to be the ideal entertainment and betting place for the Vietnamese market in particular as well as Asia in general. Support nạp tiền fb88 and rút tiền fb88 extremely quickly. be quick đăng ký fb88 for the opportunity to participate in betting with the house.

    ReplyDelete