Friday, October 15, 2010

Trump Board Game: The Donald Has Landed!

Post subtitle: This is 'UGE.

God bless my mother-in-law. She knows that I love board games, and so she bought this for us as a gift. It's Trump: The Game. New in shrink. With the tagline: "I'M BACK AND YOU'RE FIRED!". Ahhh, I don't know what I did right in a past life, but whatever sacrifice it required, it was worth it. I was so jazzed earlier this week thinking that just in time for my weekly guilty pleasure viewing of The Apprentice, I would get to play The Donald's board game, even though it would mean breaking the shrink of this beautiful 1989 relic. 21 years is a long time for a board game to sit unloved, my friends.

But it will have to remain unloved for a little while longer, seeing as this game, which involves bidding and negotiations over properties (could this actually be interesting?), requires 3 players. So I have to wait for that very special time in the universe when all the planets align and the tidal patterns sync to find one other player out there who will both appreciate the humor and the gravity of playing Trump: The Game.

Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Claire and I am wondering whether you are interested in having some sponsored reviews in your blog. Of course you will be paid for writing them. Please let me know if you are interested, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this game but mine might be the original version as it has a different box. Here's a picture: http://i.imgur.com/4fnzWed.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/LI3oibw.jpg

    I don't think we ever played it but we did look at it.

    ReplyDelete