Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wendy's Kids Meals: Now With Board Games!

Did I need one more reason to love Wendy's? I guess those junior back cheeseburgers (word to the JBCs!), scrumptious chicken apple salads, frosties, and healthy kids meals weren't enough, eh? Now they have to make me fall in love with them all over again by including...you guessed it...BOARD GAMES in their kids meals.

I'm so proud I think I'm tearing up.

So it looks like, for the time-being, Wendy's is working with Patch games to release a series of little games in every little baggy of chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, and orange slices. What's really impressive though, isn't just that there is a game instead of a useless toy inside, but the production value seems pretty high. These games come in well-made mini cardboard boxes with lift-off lids, just like the real deal big boys. And inside each box is a series of cards and a red decoder strip to read scrambled trivia answers. The games being offered are Know It or Blow It, Perfect Sense, Buzzword Junior, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?, and Now What?.

True, none of these itty bitty games are Settlers of Catan...but I really appreciate that kids are getting their hands on games, lifting the dainty little box lids, and experiencing the fun of interacting with friends and family...and then soundly trouncing them and feeling like little gods of victory.

And if I must, I will do my part to support board game appreciation through this land, even if it means eating JBCs every day for the next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment