Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome to Adventures in Board Gaming

My name is Katie and I am one-half of a hard-core board gaming duo, along with my husband Dave whom I'll refer to from here on out as "the husband". Had to start this blog to share some of my thoughts about and delicious finds from the world of gaming.

You'll find that I'm partial to Euro games, especially anything that involves tile laying or other forms of deep strategy and thinking. Some of my top grabs from our game closet (and yes, I said game closet--we converted our living room coat closet...photos to come) include Carcassonne, Agricola, and Pompeii. Husband prefers absurd grand play and loves Galaxy Trucker and Agricola. You won't find much interest in Puffing Billy games or anything in the strict war field coming from my side of the table--but that doesn't mean I won't chat about it here. So if you're a gamer and you're passionate about your hobby, hopefully you'll find a lot of interesting content, humorous photos, and neat ideas right here on this blog.

Plus, the husband and I are prototyping some great handmade accessories to help pimp out game sets, and I'll proudly spotlight them right here. Expect to see some great things here that'll catch your interest and maybe help further your hobby.

Happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment